Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

When It Rains It Pours

As I struggled over the next few months, I watched as my business and marriage slowly fell apart. I worked twelve hours a day in hopes to make it until our busy season began in the spring. I still prayed daily for some way out of the mess in which I was stuck. Unfortunately, when it rains it often pours, and matters seemed to always be in a downward spiral. There was always some penalty, late fee, or other problem that plagued me on a daily basis. I was down to one full-time and one part-time employee, which left me covering everything else. After coming down with a flu bug, I never felt quite the same. I was so fatigued that it was difficult to stay awake. I brushed it all off as stress. However, after a friend recommended I do so, I took a pregnancy test. I was pretty sarcastic about the event considering the shape of my marriage and the fact that I was on the pill, which I took religiously. I waited the five minutes for the test to develop as I joked to my friend how I just wasted the money for the test. We looked at the results and saw a very faint line beside the control line. My heart sank. Figuring the test was a lemon, I quickly went out and purchased another one. After a total of five tests, which included the digital versions, I finally accepted the fact that I was pregnant. I cried. What was I going to do now? I did not even have health insurance. My husband was going to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment