Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Still Alive

Fortunately, my husband did not kill me. In fact, we both started to get pretty excited as the pregnancy progressed. The pregnancy was uncomplicated, and I sailed through it while still working about ten hours a day in the shop. I was under tremendous stress from the shop financially and constantly worried about money and the lack of it. Still…I was looking forward to our new addition, which seemed to melt the walls that had been between my husband and I since my mother’s death. Also, it was bittersweet when I thought of mom never holding her grandchild, and her grandchild never meeting her. From early in the pregnancy, I knew we were going to have a little girl. This was confirmed at our 20 week ultrasound, and I was ecstatic! I felt this would be my only child, and I cherished each milestone and etched it into my mind so I would always remember every minute detail. Considering I had never wanted children, I felt I was doing pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment