Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

...the mice will play.

After a visit to the bank, I discovered my account had numerous items returned, which resulted in a staggering amount of fees. Thankfully, the account was not in the negative, but it had little in it considering we would soon be entering a slow time of the year. I won’t go into detail, but the shortage would end-up being in the thousands not hundreds. I was now forced to really spend some ample time at my shop in an attempt to salvage what was left. I discovered, in most cases, deposits would lay in the office instead of being deposited, which was the main cause for the returns. Also, many bills had not been paid; in addition, there was a large amount of missing product from the inventory. Yes, my little mice thoroughly enjoyed their in the absence of the cat. I went into panic mode trying to catch-up on everything at the shop, but I knew deep down it was too late. I did not have anyone to depend on, and my credit over the months of trying to catch-up and maintain was overextended. My marriage seemed to be in the same shape as my shop, falling apart. He had spent over a year watching me change into someone he did not even recognize. We were fighting a lot. I could not tell him how badly the shop was doing because I felt so much blame for what had happened. I had let him down. Keeping all this from him was almost unbearable and caused great tension between us. I began to pray for the first time since my mother’s death. I prayed for God to send me a miracle. I asked him to give me some sign as to what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment