Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Miracle Arrives

My doctor decided to induce labor on Friday, April 28, 2006. It seems I had a narrow pelvis, and I had stressed to him that I could not afford the down time a cesarean would incur. I checked into the hospital at 5 a.m. and began the labor process. I really do believe pitocin, which is the drug the used to induce my labor, comes straight from the devil. My labor pains were unforgettable, especially after they broke my water. At 6:12 p.m., my daughter came into this world. She was perfect in every way imaginable. I was not prepared for the pure love that spilled from my heart as I held her in my arms for the first time with tears constantly rolling down my cheeks. She looked-up at me with wide open eyes, and I realized this precious 6.7 lb being was the miracle I had asked God for after my mother’s death. Needless to say, she changed my world forever. I went home that Sunday in awe that the hospital was really going to let me keep her. I had planned to take about three weeks off from the shop, which I was still trying to salvage, before returning to work. However, I called the shop early that following Monday morning and did not get an answer. After several attempts to get in contact with the little ding-bat that suppose to be there, I packed-up my three day old miracle and took her to work with me. I decided that day I would close the shop down and take my losses. Children have the unique ability of prioritizing your life. It was the best decision I had ever made. The stress-relief from not dealing with this problem on a daily basis made me wonder why I had not decided this sooner. If it was not for my little miracle, I probably would have driven myself crazy by vainly trying to save this sinking ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment