Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time, I was a successful small business owner, who was obsessed with work. Although I was married, I spent most of my days at my business to make it work. Many would have described me as a self-centered person who was always too busy to spend any time with friends or family. In fact, my mother would often travel an hour just to hang-out with me at the shop just to be able to spend time with me. However, she was proud of me and constantly bragged to her friends that I was such a hard worker. Looking back at my life during this time, I realize I lived a shallow existence without fully connecting to the world around me. On the outside I appeared to have it all, but only because I was fortunate enough to have my husband, family, and a handful of friends not take it personal that I seemed to take their relationships for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment