Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Remember The Mums


Fall is my favorite time of the year, and the season would not be the same without mums. My little one loves flowers of all kinds, but mums seem to be a favorite for both of us. I, at one time, attempted to plant a bed of this popular fall foliage, but I really never had much luck. They did well the year I planted them and the following year, but then most did not come back. Some of the most simplistic items on earth can bring such joy to our lives, which makes me feel pity for those driven by greed for monetary items. We like to be comfortable, but the extreme extravagance that some in this country feel is necessity truly sickens me. Greed seems to be the root of all evil. It can be frightening to see the events centered on Wall Street, our government, and world events today.
One cannot help but to feel powerless and venerable amid on the ongoing turmoil. Where will it end and how? I fear for my family and the future of my daughter with these thoughts in mind. When I find my mind spiraling in the fear of what could happen by the crazy events spilled upon us daily through news channels that seem to be the carriers of doom and gloom, I take a deep breath and remember the mums. In a country that often appears to be out of control, they remind me of how life should be

No comments:

Post a Comment