Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Best Parts Of Life Are Free


We spent Sunday afternoon at Lumbee State Park, and it was absolutely beautiful with all the fall foliage. Our little one loves to go to the park and throw rocks in the river after we have a picnic lunch, and we usually take a long hike as well. The trails are nice and serene. I think it is important to get in touch with nature at times, and it offers a great experience for our five year old who constantly interrupts the peace and quiet with one question after another. Once you get a good distance into a trail, you hear only the sounds of nature. A fish flipping out of the water, a squirrel scurrying up a tree, various birds, and the light breeze rustling through the fall leaves seems to bring a sense of welcomed peace and distances the stress of everyday life. The best part, this adventure only cost us the price of our picnic lunch, which consisted of tuna salad sandwiches. The best parts of life are still free.

No comments:

Post a Comment