Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick

Brooklynn, My Little Sidekick
She keeps me sane and, at the same time, drives me insane...I am sure God stays amused by this irony.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Adsense Insanity

When I first began this blog, I was very new to everything and ignorant of many of the aspects concerning blogs. In fact, I still am. After my first couple posts, I was nosing around in the back-office of my blog and noticed a monetize tab. I hit the tab and read how Google suggested submitting my blog for adsense and maybe I could actually earn a little money. So I did; after all, I was writing the blog anyway and figured it could not hurt. Of course, my blog was disapproved due to not enough content and that was that. I figured one day, or year, I would submit it again-no biggie! Then we began the Brooklynn Factor, which has gained a good many followers and has an ever rising amount of views. You Tube sends me an email informing me that Brooklynn’s videos are approved for revenue sharing along with a link to apply. I was shocked and figured this could trickle into an amount which could be used for her college in the future. So I applied through their link and was denied because of the disapproved blog I had submitted earlier. I tinkered for hours trying to fix this problem, but could not get past this block. Since adsense does not have phone or email support, you are forced to go to a help forum. This is insane! I spent most of my day going back and forth with a “top contributor”, who acted like she had not even read the prior posts! What is a “top contributor” anyway, how about speaking with someone from adsense! Today, I am no closer to resolving this issue and had to yet again state exactly what is going on. I use to hate calling a company and being forced to talk to an electronic operator to resolve a problem, but at least I did get to speak with someone! It is scary to think we have evolved to having no contact whatsoever. I think any company should have some form of contact available for consumers even if it is in the form of email! After all, we are humans! I think these companies seem to forget that “we” are the reason “they” are there. I have finally concluded that I will most likely never get this issue resolved. I will be stuck in this virtual limbo forever concerning this matter. Furthermore, I now realize that it is all one big conspiracy to drive normal people nuts! The sole responsibility of “top contributor”, who comes in the guise of help, is simply to ensure we get pushed over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment